Poor sleep hygiene can effect how you feel and behave throughout the day. From feeling tired to irritable, the negative consequences can be overwhelming.
I have been using Sleepio for two weeks now and qhave already noticed an improvement in my sleep. Sleepio proves that small changes to your sleeping environment, such as a bedroom with the right temperature and lighting can made big differences in sleep quality.
10 percent of the population experiences chronic sleep difficulties. Part of these difficulties lie in a vicious cycle that starts with negative thoughts about sleep, such as thinking you will not sleep a wink to feeling anxious about thoughts of not being able to function to actualizing your fears. Sleepio helps you escape this vicious cycle.
This is what I like about Sleepio:
- Capitalizes on the power of technology
- Educational component that empowers you to make effective changes to your sleep habits
- Very user-friendly and accessible
- Provides community support
- Able to access a library of information and useful downloads
- Make developing great sleep habits an easy endevor
- Rooted in science and CBT principles
Sleepio has a character called the Prof who walks you through the entire course, step-by-step. Your progress is tracked and you choose the goals you want to focus on achieving.
The core of the course is six weeks long.
Here are a few snippets of information you will delve into a bit deeper:
- What causes poor sleep
- Importance of sleep efficiency
- How your lifestyle effects your sleep
- Myths busting what you know about sleep
- The role caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, diet, exercise, bedding and light has on your sleep