adult pictures of female genitals
Your Guide to Social Media Enlightenment – From Trending Topics to Innovative Startups

Top 6 Tips for Using LinkedIn for Business

Courtesy of Sookie Shuen

1. Complete your personal profile

Setup and complete a personal profile. Be very thorough and provide a lot of information in your LinkedIn profile. The more complete your profile, the easier it will be for people to find you through search engines. Make sure your summary is complete and include a professional photo of yourself to increase your credibility. Add skills to your profile to highlight your expertise.

2. Promote your LinkedIn profile

Add a hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature, and post it on your business cards.

3. Grow and monitor your network

Import your existing contact lists from your e-mail client to find out which of your contacts are already on LinkedIn. You should regularly scour through your existing contacts for people you might want to connect with.

4. Engage with your connections through LinkedIn Groups

LinkedIn allows members to join 50 groups. Join groups with a high membership. Joining groups that are related to your industry or other small business matters is also a great way to make new connections.

5. Get recommendations

One way to build trust is to build a list of LinkedIn recommendations.

Recommendations are the most looked for feature when viewing a new profile. Ensure you request LinkedIn recommendations from happy customers willing to provide testimonials.

6. Integrate your blog feeds into LinkedIn

To sync your LinkedIn and blog RSS feed, by adding the BlogLink application on LinkedIn and add it into your profile. It will automatically take your profile’s website links and display it under the application section.

Sookie Shuen is the community manager at Tomorrow People, a leading UK inbound marketing consultancy, who provides free advice and updates through a five step inbound marketing methodology. You can also find her on Google+ and Twitter. Get this free eGuide: How to Generate Leads from Social Media now to learn how to make social media work more effectively for your business.

6 Responses to this post.

1. Lisa's Gravatar

Posted by Lisa on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

Great tips, I had not been using my url on my email signatures, what a great one!

Thanks,
    Lisa recently posted: Hartz Seeks a Customer Business ManagerMy Profile

2. Sookie Shuen's Gravatar

Posted by Sookie Shuen on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

You are more than welcomed Lisa. Glad my post helped! (:

Regards
    Sookie
    Sookie Shuen recently posted: 20 Amazing Facebook Cover PhotosMy Profile

3. Rob Metras's Gravatar

Posted by Rob Metras on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

Thanks for the good work here Lsura Lee. came to me via the folks at Unbounce.com And a shoutout to Sookie Shouen . the Vancouver Social mafia is alive and well ):

4. Sookie Shuen's Gravatar

Posted by Sookie Shuen on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

Well hello there Rob! A big shoutout to you as well! (:

Sookie
    Sookie Shuen recently posted: No Such Thing As a Free Burger?My Profile

5. Maurice Bernier's Gravatar

Posted by Maurice Bernier on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

Thanks for the tip Sookie. I just implemented #6 and am looking forward to more of your tips. What I learn from others, I pass on to my own members and will definitely link back to you if I use anything in the future. Thanks again and best wishes for a great day! :)
    Maurice Bernier recently posted: 6 Top Tips For Using Linkedin Discussion Groups & How To Find The Right Ones For You & Your Home Business!My Profile

6. Sookie Shuen's Gravatar

Posted by Sookie Shuen on 13.07.12 at 5:30 am

Hi Maurice, thanks for your feedback!

Do you also know that you can add a video to your LinkedIn profile as well? A good example would be my very own LinkedIn profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/sookieshuen (you might need to add me as a connection to see how it’d look like) Hope that helps! Feel free to share the love!

Regards