I had the pleasure of interviewing Henry Plumley who oversees TimeSvr‘s user experience. My infatuation with TimeSvr—similar to a virtual assistant—began yesterday. I assigned TimeSvr over a dozen projects and was blown away by both the speed and quality of the results. I was in love and could no longer imagine life without my dear TimeSvr. Out of this love, my interview with Henry was born.
Me: Can you give me your elevator pitch on what TimeSvr is all about and who can benefit from this service?
Henry: Think of all the short, manual, repeatable but largely online tasks you do in a given day (let alone week and month). Now imagine someone else just did them for you. TimeSvr does that, executing an unlimited number of 15-minutes-or-less tasks for just $69 a month. Personal assistants don’t come cheaper.
Me: How is your value proposition distinct relative to your competitors?
Henry: We’re cheaper, faster and better. We’ve been around longer, understand our users better and almost all our plans have something for every business. Some of our best users are those who ‘get’ the plan before they subscribe. The Personal plan is for very small tasks, questions or action items that you don’t want to get in the way, like finding the best price for a plane you’re planning to catch, or adding somebody on LinkedIn and making sure you have the right person. If you dig around you’ll find 100s of little ‘virtual processes’ you do which can be done by us for just a few cents?
The Business plan is for more professional support—say you’re looking to increase the returns on your business, you can hire a TimeSvr Business Support VA and have them run PR campaigns, reach out to users, take in feedback, manage social media profiles or help you conduct Market reviews, competitor analysis or user testing on your product. With our experience, there isn’t much we can’t do!
Me: How has social media played a role in your development so far?
Henry: We can see how big of an impact social media applications have made not only for us but our users as well. We take in feedback and engage them through Twitter, we identify trends and market needs and look for potential subscribers through social media platforms. We evolve with our use as new and very cool applications keep coming out. Like TwitSpark or SocialSprout for example, we stay as up to date on their use as possible. It inadvertently helps us service our clients better!
Me: What sort of feedback have you been receiving?
Henry: Our users love us. On average we help a person save 2 hours a day, for just $2/day. We’ve received nothing but thank yous for the work we’ve done.
Me: What can we expect from TimeSvr in the future?
Henry: An improved website, and more options to connect with us. We’re going to bring the experience of project management and productivity as an experience through TimeSvr.
Me: Thank you Henry for the opportunity to interview you about your service.
I’ve updated this post to include some sample tasks that TimeSvr’s virtual assistants can do in 15 minutes:
- Please find out for me which Embassy or Consulate of Saudi Arabia is closest to Quito, Ecuador to get a visa?
- Find me a store within 10 miles of zip 94403 where I can test/purchase the Acer Iconia Tab W500-BZ467 10.1-Inch Tablet
- Can you update my Google Calendar with ” Meeting with XYZ ” on Monday 7th November 2011 at 6pm.
- How much does vistage cost? What are the different types of membership? Please do not use my name.
- Help me collect/ research info on handheld game console news since 2009. Focus on Nintendo DS and Sony PSP.
- Can you please find the information on Apple stocks prices from Yahoo Finance?
- Please add the contact information from the attached PDF into my Google Contacts.
- Please make a reservation at Hotel Marriott for one person for the following dates. Please patch me through the call if Credit Card details are required.
- Please call At&t and inquire about the iPhone 4G plans. What is the cheapest plan available and how much data plan they are providing?
- Please find me 2-3 success stories of people who have successfully solved their Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Can you do some research to see if frequent flyer miles are still available for United Airlines flight from LAX to Singapore, leaving Dec 1, coming back Dec 13?
- Can you please find me flights options from New York, NY to San Francisco, CA from 10th November and return on 15th November. 1 Passenger only with no baggage.
- Please convert the following PDF into excel spreadsheet.
- Can you please call my wife/husband and ask her to bring the grocery on her way back. Tell her that I will be late and won’t be able to go the super market.