Your Guide to Social Media Enlightenment – From Trending Topics to Innovative Startups

If apps gave you super powers, what super hero would you be?

Social Media and Mobile | Social Media Blog

I’ve just purchased a shiny new Samsung Galaxy cell phone. What kind of relationship do you have with your phone? It’s already become my little buddy, a side-kick of sort.

Aah, now enters the world of apps. If I were an action hero, the apps would give me my super powers. What super hero could you be?

Super Music Guru. Gone are the days of not being able to recognize music you are listening to or not knowing details about the band, Shazam!

Captain Picture Search. You can search using a keypad and a search engine. Your alter ego, Captain Picture Search isn’t a slave to the confines of type. Google Goggles lets you search by pictures. It strives to identify objects that you’ve snapped a picture of and return related search results from identifying the text on a wine label to giving you information about a landmark.

Doctor Remember Everything. Ever think of a good idea, or seen or heard something interesting that you wish you could remember at a later date? You can capture it all and retrieve those memories quickly by using Evernote.

What about you, my dear reader? What are your favourite mobile apps?

6 Responses to this post.

1. Lissa's Gravatar

Posted by Lissa on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

My favourite apps is Custom Hypnosis for the Iphone; it just helps me a lot. :) Other than that it will be pocket god, fun to play!

2. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

Hi, thank you for contributing to this post. I tried out the Custom Hypnosis and it’s definitely quite interesting. Best wishes.

3. Loren's Gravatar

Posted by Loren on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

Can’t live without my Tilt 2 by HTC. The GPS is incredibly accurate and has guided me to everywhere I have needed to go. What a life saver. Although, I would have to be “Mapman” the superhero. Hidden in the Justice League, I pop up to help the lost find their way.

4. Tom's Gravatar

Posted by Tom on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

I would be your friendly neighborhood “Alarm Clock boy”. This past week I had trouble waking up early because of homework & household chores. So I always set my phone’s alarm clock to wake me up so that I will be always on time.

5. Mason's Gravatar

Posted by Mason on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

Hello Laura, My favorite feature on my Iphone is the camera. Because taking pictures of my family and friends is my favorite hobby. And my superhero name would be Picture Perfect Man.

6. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 13.12.10 at 1:43 pm

Thank you for swinging by. In addition to you iPhone camera, there are numerous camera apps, many are descent quality and have special effects. One camera I use and am happy with so far is called Vintage. Have fun taking pictures!!

Respond to this post