Your Guide to Social Media Enlightenment – From Trending Topics to Innovative Startups

What is your typical social media morning like?

Morning Blog | Social Media Blog

I wake up, get out of bed and feel like I’m being beckoned, a sort of come hither that draws me to my computer and leads me to do the following:

• Play some http://www.last.fm.
  • Go onto Twitter Grid where information on any subject is delivered to me real-time. I tweet anything I found significant in the Twitter stream.
  • Check my Facebook account.
  • Check my Gmail account.
  • Check my Twitter account.
  • Check my blog stats and comments.
  • Might write a blog post and find image on http://www.flickr.com.
  • Follow up with comments posted on my blog.

And now, it’s your turn dear reader, what is your typical social media morning like?

Photo Reference: cobalt

14 Responses to this post.

1. Zsófi's Gravatar

Posted by Zsófi on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

I check my gmail and other mail accounts, log onto windows live messenger, check my Facebook and usually my Twitter and Youtube, and I also check my blog stats and reply to comments. Then there are a few forums and RSS feeds to read… :)

2. huffygirl's Gravatar

Posted by huffygirl on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

If it’s a working day, I can’t do any of that until later. But on a day that I’m home, it’s:
    -blog stats and comments
    -Facebook
    -Wordpress home page
    No Twitter or other online stuff for me.

3. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thank you for contributing. What a morning!

I’m curious… what are forums do you read?

4. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thank you for responding to my blog post.

A read some of your posts. Wonderful reads! We just had some snow here (Vancouver, BC), but it’s all cleared up now. It’s such a winter wonderland, but I could do without the black ice.

5. Zsófi's Gravatar

Posted by Zsófi on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Well I don’t do this every morning but if I have time, I can spend lots of it on the internet :)
    I’m Hungarian so the forums I read might not be too interesting to you, but one of them is a Red Hot Chili Peppers fansite where I have many friends (http://funkyforum.hu) and the other is a cycling forum/blog called Critical Mass (www.criticalmass.hu)

6. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thanks for getting back to me and teaching me something new. We have critical mass here in Vancouver, Canada too at http://vorg.ca/3046-Vancouver-Critical-Mass-Bike-Ride. I didn’t realize this event was international (in over 300 cities at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass) until your post. Cheers!

7. Melissa Picard's Gravatar

Posted by Melissa Picard on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

My mornings are always the same. My daughter wakes ME up (not daddy), so I hurry to get her washed up, dressed and fed. Then I sit her in front of the tv to watch some cartoons so that I can get to my computer! Yes, I also call that addiction! It’s like it calls me every morning… “Melissa, Me-liii-sssa… I’m waiting! Over here.”

First I check my mail…windows live mail, g-mail and Avon mail (and yes, in that specific order… don’t ask me why!). Then I check out my Avon rep. site to see what’s new. After that, I go to wordpress to post, check my stats or read my subscriptions. Once that’s done, I go to Facebook! I always do FB last because that’s what takes the longest to get through (updates, messages, pictures, links… not to forget my dorky games!

Believe it or not, I can get all this done in about 3hrs. And I even have time in between to tend to my tv addicted daughter! My fault, I know. But in my defense, she doesn’t complain! ;-)

8. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thanks for adding to this post. Sounds like a full morning!

Dorky games can be fun in moderation. I eliminated playing Cafe Restaurant from my daily routine. I realized I had a problem when I used my Visa to cook my virtual dishes more quickly! My friend found out and I swore him to secrecy. We all have our regrets, Cafe Restaurant was mine. The shackles are off and I feel a renewed sense of liberation. Free at last, free at last!

9. Amit's Gravatar

Posted by Amit on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

I check my facebook and stumbleupon account,and some times usually my Twitter and Youtube, and I also check my hubpages stats and reply to comments.

10. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thank you for sharing and introducing me to HubPages as a way of attracting ad revenue via user-generated content. Best wishes.

11. Janice's Gravatar

Posted by Janice on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Every morning I wake up I drink my hot cup of coffee. Usually I check my emails to see if my family abroad has contacted me. I always check my family first just to make sure they are ok. Then I check my Youtube account to see if there are new comments. And after that I get up, eat, take a shower and go to school.

12. Nina's Gravatar

Posted by Nina on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

I always check my Facebook account if there are new friend invites. I’m a comicbook reader and an avid Batman, Spiderman and Superman fan. I usually read comics every morning to be inspired. And everyday I check http://www.comicbookmovie.com if to see if there are new superhero movies coming out.

13. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thank you for your comment. If you have created any YouTube videos that you think my readers would enjoy watching, I would love it if you would share the links to them. Best of luck.

14. lauraleewalker's Gravatar

Posted by lauraleewalker on 02.12.10 at 4:07 am

Thank you for sharing. You might be interested in checking out a link about social networking for comic strip fans. Enjoy!

Respond to this post