It has been deeply challenging to summarize what I’ve learned from reading Social Media 101 authored by Chris Brogan simply because I’ve learned a lot, so this list comes with a caveat. It represents the main things I’ve taken away, but by no means covers all topics, however, it will give you a glimpse at the value of buying this book. This is what I’ve learned:
- How to hit the ground running with starting effective social media initiatives, how to hire social media personnel, and measure their effectiveness.
- Information from a very well chosen plethora of useful websites.
- In depth, practical ways of becoming a successful blogger.
- How to create and sustain a strong personal brand.
- Importance of actively listening, finding your customers, interacting and engaging with them and giving them something they value.
- Importance of trust and transparency.
- Importance of using social media to reach your consumers.
- How to effectively create and execute a social media strategy.
- How to leverage key social media websites to work for you.
- Real-life experiences of companies using social media.